Monday, May 26, 2008

Billy Goat Gruff and the Glow Worm

Well, I am back and feeling like a new woman!!!! I can't believe how lucky our little family has been. Michael's mom came down and has been a total angel helping out around the house and with the baby, and my mom is right next door. I am so spoiled!

I have had a really great recovery. I honestly feel a million times better than I did while I was pregnant. I can eat whatever I want without thinking, "how will this taste when I deal with it again on the way back up?" Its wonderful.

Our darling baby has had a bit of jaundice that we have been battling. So on Saturday the doctor sent us up a Billy Blanket. It is a box connected to a light that we have to keep against her skin about 23 of the 24 hours in the day. The light is a fun color of blue that helps to break down the Billy Rubin in her bloodstream. When we hooked it up we came up with a new nickname for her. She is now our little glow worm.

We also had a grand time giving Little E her first bath. It was really fun, for us at least. She seemed to think that we just wanted to torture her. :( But her hair has a lot of natural curl in it! It looks strait most of the time, but when you get it wet it curls into a hundred little ringlets.

Little E is turning out to be the perfect little baby. She only wakes up twice during the night to feed, and then goes right back to sleep. We have been working hard to help her stay awake and happy as much as we can during the day, so that she will rest more at night. But when she does wake up its really sweet because she smiles a lot. Its always at something in midair, we think that maybe she is seeing some of her old friends or something. :)

1 comment:

Carly said...

OH how fun! We miss you guys too much! I'm going to try to make it out there tomorrow. I'll call first to see if you need me to bring anything down! :)
See ya!