
Just wanted to share a quick funny story with you all. Last night my dear husband started to feel sick and had a very bad headache. I figured he must be getting a head cold and told him to take a sudafed. At about this time Little E got a poopy diaper and I asked him to come help me get her into the tub because we have really been fighting some diaper rash. So he hurried to find the sudifed, took it, and came to help me get her to bed.
About twenty minutes later he came out and collapsed on the couch. I figured he was finally getting hit by the sudafed and would feel better in about an hour. I went downstairs to make a phone call and work on some things for my business (leg warmers and wraps).
Finally I heard some bumpings upstairs and came up to find him and see if he wanted to watch an episode of something. He wasn't on the couch, he was in bed now... out like a light. I woke him up and asked if he just wanted to sleep through the night because if not he needed to get up for awhile or he would be up really late. He just kind of grunted at me and I left him to sleep in peice.
I ended up awake until 12:30 freezing strawberries that were all about to go bad (they had been on a great sale an I ran out of time the day before).
Finally I got into bed to find him still asleep, wearing his clothes. I made him change into pjs and then we both went to bed.
He just called me from the car on the way to work. He said while he felt great he thinks he knows what happened. Instead of taking sudafed like I had told him he mistakenly took Sleep Aid. :)
But since he feels better maybe sleep really is the best medicine?
Lesson of the day: Maybe husbands, like children, need supervision when they medicate themselves. Lol
4 comments:
hey jenny!! :) ok that's hilarious.
also- with lil e's diaper issues- we had that with stella really bad and i took her to the doctor for something else, asked about the diaper rash, he checked it out and said that if it's lasted more then 2 or 3 days, it's probably a yeast infection and just to buy over the counter yeast medicine like monistat and use it like diaper rash cream, after every single diaper change for several days- once it's gone you need to still apply the cream for several days to keep it gone! we didn't know that, which is why stella's "diaper rash" kept coming back!
if it IS yeast, the rash will go away within a week or so, and you should plan on using the cream for anywhere from 10 days to 2 weeks. or longer just to be safe. :)
good luck!!! i have noticed stella is a happier baby now that we have her little issue under control!! :)
That's awesome. Too bad I can't take that while I'm nursing! I need to get me a little Sleep Aid ever since my babe started getting another tooth! Ay!
Hhhhmmmmm....
Maybe I'll try that!
That's awesome! Remind me to tell you about Chris' recent experience with "drugs." It's not fit for a post comment. You need to hear it in person.
Post a Comment