Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Decision making

As you have probably noticed I haven't been blogging much lately. One of my goals for this winter has been to get my life in order. That includes organizing our home (I am nearly through with the first floor and will soon move into the basement where my real work will begin). I also want to organize all of our family photos with stories. So instead of blogging here I started a private blog and have slowly tried to keep up with what we are currently doing while working backwards through our photos. It is a long and time consuming process. I was considering letting this blog go because I haven't felt like there was time to keep it up while working on the other projects too. But I looked today and it seems like there are still a lot of people looking at my blog. I was wondering who you were and if you wanted me to continue blogging here, even if they are only short posts. I am not sure if this blog has been helpful to others. Maybe it is just family and friends looking here, in which case I can just keep them up to date on facebook. Maybe its just people who randomly found my blog, look at it once, and never come back. But if there are people who actually care to have me continue, just let me know and I will try. If this blog is helping others it is worth the effort. If not, I will continue to work on my goals and maybe come back to this blog in the summer when I have gotten through more of our past stories.
Thanks,
Jenny

21 comments:

Ashley said...

TC and I do love to get on your blog and see how you are doing but I guess we could do that on a private blog too if you are ok with us looking at that. I know I did not get to know you that well but I was very affected for some reason when Michael passed away. He was a very close friend of TC's in high school and it was hard on him and I thought about you and prayed for you often. We still think about you and pray for your from time to time. I'm glad to see that you are doing well. Your kids are beautiful!

caseyp said...

I love your blog. Not that it has helpedin the same way it may have others. Just in a way to show true love and dedication... please do not move or if you think you need to i do understand your privacy

Rachel said...

I went to high school with Michael and have loved reading your blog. I find inspiration in your words and your experiences. In some ways your blog is like a living novel to me and it's exciting to read as the story unfolds. I would love for you to continue blogging on here but understand if you choose not to. Thank you for all that you have offered. You have truly been an inspiration to me!

Brent and Chelise said...

I guess I probably should come out from my hiding place and let you know that I care about this blog! I stumbled upon it a couple of months ago. I have never met you or your husband (I promise that I'm not a creepy stalker), but by reading this I have really come to care about your little family. I have a boy Little E's age, a girl Little M's age, and my husband is around Michael's age. We live in Oak City, Utah, and are also LDS. You are such an inspiration to me. I always feel so uplifted after I read your blog, and I always come away wanting to be a better wife and mother. I completely understand if you want to quit this blog or at least not update it as much, but just know that I will miss your posts.

Cam and Linds said...

I agree with everyone above :). I love reading your blog Jen and think of you often!! But I understand as well if it's too time consuming for now :) Do what's best for you! LOve you!

Lindsay :) Your tall blonde sista

Shayna said...

Jenny! No one really blogs anymore, I have 3 people who still post somewhat frequently, and you are one of them! Don't give it up entirely, lol!

Laureli Jones said...

I say, make it as easy on yourself as possible. Just let me know where to go to see what you're up to, or better yet, call me!

Chantel said...

Found you on the Sullengers. I read every time I see an update.

Anonymous said...

I found you on the Sullengers blog also. My sister passed away suddenly and shortly after your husband. I have enjoyed your blog and find it uplifting. I hope you continue blogging.

Anonymous said...

I also found you through the Sullengers. Your resilience, testimony, spirit, strength, and bounce-back attitude are amazing and inspiring. I aspire to be more like you. I hope you continue updating occasionally, but do what is easiest on you and your beautiful kids.

Jocelyn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jenny said...

I found you through the Sullengers as well. I lived on College Avenue and that's how I knew your husband. I enjoy reading how you and your kids are doing. I would like to see you post from time to time, but don't feel obligated if you have too much other stuff going on.

Anonymous said...

I also found you through the Sullenger blog. I read all of your updates. I remember reading the story of how your husband passed on in the Post Register some time before I found your blog. I wish peace and happiness for you and your family.

Anonymous said...

I agree with everyone above too. I found you through the Sullenger's blog and I live in Tremonton, UT. I think your blog for sure helps people, you are an inspiration! Whatever you decide, make sure it's best for you and your cute fam. Thanks sharing your story so far.
Jenny

Anonymous said...

I also found you through the Sullengers blog. You have been an inspiration to me. It has been amazing for me to see how you have handled the loss of your hubby with such strength. I check your blog maybe once a month just to see how you are doing!

Sheena said...

I graduated with Michael in El-Ed and we were briefly in your married ward( we are good friends of the Carlson's as well)! You words always seem to help me to have hope. I love reading about your testimony and how you are growing from this experience. Thank you!

Anonymous said...

PLease keep with the updates, you are an inspiration to many even if you don't understand why

Michelle said...

I also found you through the Sullengers. I love your blog and I find inspiration through your words!!

Christine said...

I find inspiration through your blog, as well. I have been uplifted many times. Good luck with everything, I am rooting for you!!

V-Ron said...

I can follow you on fb, but I have cried more than I want to admit reading your blog.

Anonymous said...

I came across your blog and started to send prayers your way. Although we don't know each other, I care about your family and hope you are all doing well! I am so sorry about the loss of your husband. I can tell he was such an amazing man and I'm sure he smiles down at you all everyday. I hope you continue to post from time to time so that we know how you and your family are doing. Hugs!