Michael, today turned out much better than I had planned. In fact I think it turned out so well because most of it wasn't planned. :) I like to do a service gift on hard days to try to distract myself from grieving. It makes it easier when I don't just sit and think "Why me." In the past I have done things for your family because I felt like they really needed it. Today I decided that I really needed to do something for Little E. I made a digital photo album of all the pictures I have of you and her together. I was surprised by how few there really were, but I am grateful for every one we have. I got them printed and will be putting them in an album for her birthday. But this afternoon I made a video of them with music. She loved it. :) I had picked out the second song "I love you alway forever" months ago, but I needed 2 songs and couldn't think of what to use for the other one. On the way home to make the movie, I was playing the Ipod on shuffle. "Till kingdom come" by coldplay came on and I realized it was the perfect song! The two went so well together. It was almost like they made a duet, one sung by you, the other by Little E. Anyways, in that moment I felt you today. It was a little thing, but just what I needed to make it through another though day. Thank you for that!
After Little E got out of preschool we went out to eat (I had sushi just for you.) and then had Dibs ice cream bites at Daddy's place and sang Happy birthday to you. I finished off the night with an episode of Dollhouse. My friend Ashley is helping me to finish the series. I never thought I would watch it all because we never made it to the end. I will let you know the ending. ;)
Happy Birthday Daddy! Thank you for always celebrating ours with a bang, I hope you approve of what we did for yours.
Love,
Jenny
To watch the video you may have to go to it on Youtube. It seems to be having trouble playing on the blog. Just click the little youtube button in the bottom right corner.
1 comment:
Loved the video. It was perfect. Couldn't help but think about how close he's been watching and helping with both of his kids :) You can see how much he loves his little girl, and there's no doubt he loves his little boy just as much.
Post a Comment