Wednesday, January 27, 2021

Final Post

 I'm guessing that no one reads this blog anymore. It hasn't been active for years. I have been slowly working on doing projects that have been waiting for years to be done. One such project is printing books for myself and all my children of our blog. It is very much like a family journal for all the years I did it. I just wanted to wrap it up with a nice post of how far we have come in the past several years and what a beautiful place we are at now. Life isn't always easy, grief never dies, but it is still wonderful and filled with many joyful moments. 

In 2010 I began swing dancing again as a way to make some friends and feel a little more normal. Most of the time I pretended to be a regular collage student like everyone else on the campus where I danced, but three men asked enough questions to find out my real story. One of those men was Glen E. Over the next 5 years we had an interesting friendship and courtship. We were married in March of 2015. I find it crazy to think about the fact that I have now been married to him longer than I was to Michael. 

Since we were married we have had 2 beautiful children and many amazing adventures. I am so grateful that Glen is such a good listener and so understanding. He doesn't mind me talking about Michael and telling the kids stories about him. Pictures of Michael are up on our walls still. He even told me once about a dream he had where he and Michael hung out and said "He is a cool guy. I would love to be friends with him." I still don't understand how my relationships will work out in the eternities and it sometimes frustrates me to not know or understand the plan, but life once again gets in the way of those worries. There are always kids to love, trips to plan, and fun moments to share with Glen and the rest of my family. I am so grateful for how far we have come and that grief has taken a back seat in my life. I am in love with all of my kids and am so happy with the family and home we have made. If anyone does still read this blog and was wondering how our family was,  just know that we are very very happy and look forward to many more adventures to come. Here are a few pictures from our biggest milestones and our most recent family photos. The children have really grown up! I can't wait to see what they become in the future.

May your families be blessed with joy and hope for the future.

Love,

Jenny

Engaged Dec 2014





Married March 2015








Little A Born June 2016






Little J born Sept 2018








Family Pictures 2020





M is 10

J is 2
A is 4
L is 12




2 comments:

Dawnell said...

Hi Jenny, I happen to see this today as I was looking at old pics on my own neglected blog. What a beautiful family! Your wedding pics are gorgeous, and so are your babies. I got a little choked up when I saw the photos of your two oldest... they look so much like their dad. What a tender mercy for you to see him every day in their faces. Best wishes to all of you.

Rachel said...

Hi Jenny, I was a classmate with Michael and found your blog after he passed. I too was pregnant at the time, due right after you. I found great inspiration in your writings. This past weekend I was in Couer d'Alene and thought of your sweet family. It made me curious how life had turned out for you, but I figured I'd never know. I was surprised to visit my own blog for the first time in over a year and find an update from you. Though we have never met my heart rejoices for you. I'm grateful beyond words that you have found love again and that you've been blessed with two more beautiful babies. Thank you for sharing your story. You have forever made an impact on my heart.