
So about a week and a half ago my father-in-law gives me a call and asks if I would like to go fly in his airplane down to the Grand Canyon with him for next week end. We are going to go hiking and get to see some of the amazing Geology that most people either never get to see or don't realize what it is when they see it! How amazing is that! We leave tomorrow (June 7th) If we can avoid the thunder storm that is due to hit around 8:00am. I'm told that flying in a small airplane is a very interesting experience compared to an airline. For one thing you don't have people's knees pressing in your back, no free drinks, oh and occasionally when you hit a little turbulence instead of a small vibration you get a sudden 10 foot drop! I usually don't get motion sick but as a preventative measure I plan on being doped up on Dramamine (an anti-motion sick pill that is supposed to have a "less drowsing effect" I'm guessing the older brand was just a bunch of horse tranquilizers). So I'm hoping to see something of our 5 hour flight.
For those of you who were curious Jenn and Little E are doing great! Though I have been noticing some very interesting similarities in their behaviors. Jenn groggily wakes up and feeds her groggy baby and they go right back to sleep, leaving me with no one to play with but Trek.
Little E has invented a new game. It's called "Can mommy or daddy change me before I can poop on them" She is very good at it too! It usually goes down like an old western show down. Baby laying on the changing table exuding stinkyness, her dark eyes focused (on who knows what). There is Daddy, trigger finger nervously fingering the Velcro, trusting that his legendary speed can save him, a shrill whistle a ya ya ya, and tumble weed rolls aimlessly by. A sudden blur of motion starts this deadly game of speed vs. bowel control. Daddy has the straps off and is sliding the fresh diaper underneath, Little E the stinky is screwing up her eyes! Face turning red! There is trouble in Timbuktu! Daddy has finished with the wiping and is cranking the last strap on her whiny the pooh newborns into place when an explosion erupts!!! Is he safe? Did he make it in time? Yes!!! Daddy is the winner....this time. Let us not forget about what happened to mom. She's still washing her new shirt hoping that it will come off. Oh the drama and excitement of a new born! By the way Jenn wanted me to take some artistic photos of Lilly, let me know what you think.
-Michael
2 comments:
cute pictures! i still want to take some of that little doll!!
Too, too cute!!!! You took those? If you did you have quite an eye for photography! Great job! Do you tweek them with a program or do it with the camera? I will really enjoy keeping up on your blog.
Post a Comment