Monday, June 30, 2008

Pictures from a proud Father

We've been having a few minor issues with our big computer, when I say issues I mean the accidental reformatting of the hard drive type of issues (yes the same hard drive with all of our unbacked up pictures of Little E's birth). I'm planning on getting a program that hopefully will recover all or at least most of the lost data. In the mean time, the rest of our crops are planted and our corn is getting bigger by the day!! I have been trying to pick up new hobbies to help expand my horizons. One hobby is fishing. I took my first fishing excursion last week. Trek and I loaded up in the truck with my new pole, tackle, a good supply of cheese flavored marshmallows with the sparkles, and plenty of hooks. I hiked into a good spot on the river and on my way I talked to a guy that said he saw a couple of huge fish under a fallen log. I got there double time with visions of roasting fish on my grill! He was right there were about 5, foot and a half long fish. Only after battling tangles in my line, loosing hooks, Trek enthusiastically diving into my perfect fishing hole, and dropping my lid to the marshmallows into the water did I discover that they were sucker fish and no good for eating! The good news is that I did recover the lid (and I only got a little wet)! So I'm going to have to call this one a draw. I'm also hopefully going to start a jujitsu class on Thursday. Jujitsu is an ancient Japaneses martial art that is like wrestling but with choke holds and great "I'll break your arm if you move" moves in it!
Anyway on to the real subject Little E is getting so darn cute! She has started realizing that she can use her voice for other things than crying!! We even are getting a few beautiful smiles as well. Little E  has also inherited my double jointed thumbs, which of course makes me very proud since that is one of my favorite features about myself. Here are some pictures of her dazzling smile and mommy daughter time.
-Michael












5 comments:

Home of the Muddy Kids said...

She is just beautiful. Keep those pics coming. I love seeing her, and I just adore those little chin dimples in that grin! Make sure to check (and comment, you stinker) my blog too for some cousin updates!

Jenn said...

Does anyone else think she looks exactly like you? I do.

Carly said...

Oh I really wish I could be spending time with you guys! :( :( :( poop on you for moving so far away!

EarlGirl said...

Oh yeah, I was startled by how much she looks like you. Whoa.

TC, Ashley said...

Your baby is so cute! She looks a lot like you Mike! (Hope that doesn't make you feel sad, Jenn, everyone always tells me how much Savanna looks like TC!) Anyway, it is good to keep up with you guys. If you are ever in Utah or us in Idaho we would love to see you again!