
When I was about seven months Pregnant, we decided to get a gym membership. After joining, I decided to try yoga. It was fun, but I quickly lost my ability to participate as my belly grew.
Now that I am able to start working out again, I decided to up the ante and attend the PiYo class. this is a combo of yoga and palates. I figured it would be a good way to work out since its low impact. I figured it would be easy. I figured wrong!
I attended class on Thursday, pumped up and ready to lose some weight and gain some flexibility. All I lost was my energy. About ten minutes in I realized how much I had underestimated the difficulty of this class... it was so much harder than running, aerobics, or anything else I had tried before. This was all low impact and used only the weight of your body to work your muscles. I never realized how heavy my body could be!
For the days since then I have walked like a zombie and avoided stairs like the plague. In fact, I have needed a friendly push up stairs at times in order to make it up the second half. I hurt in places I didn't know that I had and found muscle groups that I don't believe exist in people who haven't ever attended PiYO. But along with the pain came a strange sense of pride. I had made it through one hour of PiYo alive! If I could do that... I could do anything! Except perhaps to make it through the second hour on Tuesday...
3 comments:
haha jenny you crack me up
i did one of hte 40 minute turbo jam workouts and i couldn't move for 2 days-- that was a surprise. maybe we can do turbo jam someday together-- it is awesome :)
Pilates is especially hard, I think. I enjoy yoga more, but I find it irritates my wrist (old war wound). It always makes me feel very new age though. (o:
Wow Jenn I am impressed
way to go girl....even if you are in dire pain..personal victory big time!!! OH I love the pictures of the blessing blog and proud papa one
Post a Comment