Saturday, June 27, 2009

What day is it?


So my dear husband has been having a wonderful summer vacation. Life is pretty much normal for me, except that he hasn't been at work, so my schedule has been more difficult to keep track of. I often find myself saying, "what day of the week is it honey?" and he answers, "I don't know, go look at your phone."

Today, we woke up sure that we knew what day of the week it was. We had a leisurely breakfast, listened to a book on tape, and played with Little E. Finally 12:30 comes around. "Guess its time to get ready for church." I say.

Fast forward 30 minutes later. We pull up to an empty parking lot looking stunning in our Sunday best. There is literally 1 car in the parking lot.
"Did you hear anything about a stake conference?" asked my husband.
"nope. It is sunday right?"
"I think so" he says
"look at your watch"
"Yup SA. Thats sunday right"
"No, that's Saturday. Su is sunday.... I think.... I don't know.... What day is today?!"


Fast forward 5 more minutes and we are back home and lounging in our Saturday glory. Maybe I should get a calendar and cross the days off as they come. :)

Little E is standing up so well now! She crawls so fast that I have a hard time catching her, and nothing is safe on any surface within her reach. (which is higher than you might think) She gets to be more and more beautiful all the time (I might be a little biased) and her daddy loves how much she plays with him. Here are a couple of pictures of her in her cute dress standing all by herself barely holding onto a tree for support.

(My guy is such a good photographer! Aren't these pictures great?)

4 comments:

Scott and Amber said...

That is the funniest thing I have ever heard! I feel really bad for you though...It is alot of work to get ready for church and to do it two days in a row would be nearly enough to do me in!

Jenn said...

I'd want to skip church the next day just cause I already DID the hard part! Hilarious! Those are such cute pictures of her!!!

lovecat said...

I know! I am sitting here now on sunday morning saying to myself, "I don't wanna do it again. Maybe I will just sluff." But I won't because I already have my dress sitting out and its almost the same amount of work to put it all away as to put in on in the first place. ;)

EarlGirl said...

That's hilarious. I've never, ever done that.