Happy Halloween Everyone!
We had a great time this year going out trick or treating as a family. We decided to do a family costume of the Fairy Tale Little Red Riding Hood. Michael dressed up in his hunting gear and became the woodsman, I made a pair of ears and wore my coat inside out and became the Big Bad Wolf, and Little E... well, her costume took a little bit more effort. I found a really cute pattern at walmart for a Little Red Riding Hood costume and decided it didn't look too hard. Time passed and I suddenly realized I only had a week left to get started on her outfit! I asked my Mom to save me and help me figure out how to sew the thing. It literally took me an entire week of sewing all day long to get everything done, but in the end I am happy that I did it! The dress is so cute and the hood is reversible and they both will fit for a long time to come. So they will be fun dress up clothes. But next time I am going to give myself at least a month to finish a sewing project so that I can avoid the tears. :)
Little E really liked trick or treating this year. She was so cute with her little Wicker basket. I would put her down to walk up to a door and she would giggle and run for the door. Knock on it (I had to knock louder so they would actually know we were there) and then take as much candy as the person (or mommy) would let her and put each piece carefully into her basket! It was so cute to watch her get this whole concept. At first she didn't understand at all, but it really didn't take long for her to figure it out. Knock on door, grab candy. Pretty easy stuff right? :)
There was one house where they had a spooky ghost on the front door, when the door opened its eyes lit up and it would scream. She didn't like it... She just kept staring at it, on the verge of tears, and didn't even notice the candy the neighbor was trying to give her. But once we left she quickly became her giggling, sugar filled self again.
Another really fun thing that she figured out is how to slide all by herself! We bought a slide from someone in Nampa, ID. My sister picked it up for us and my Mom and Dad brought it back on their trailer after visiting her. (Thanks so much Amber! I know that was not fun! And thanks Mom and Dad for bringing it to us).
We set it up the next evening right before bed, and Little E got SOOO excited! She just kept running around it saying "Side! Side!" and signing slide too. It took her a few minutes to figure out how to climb up the thing, but she quickly got it down and started trying to slide in all kinds of crazy ways. Head first, on her side... lets just say she has way too much of her daddy in her! So far she hasn't really hurt herself on it. So I think it was a really good purchase. :) She will play on it for 15 whole minutes without even realizing that I am not paying attention and am actually getting something done. What a blessing!
Her first time down the slide.
Cut to five minutes later...
Here are some photos of additional proof that Little E is a lot like her daddy! Can anyone say Lightsaber?
Here is a little Video just to make you smile. Little E really likes dancing now. She has even figured out how to twirl and thinks it is the greatest. She is such a little Girl! :)
3 comments:
I love the dress, wow! It looks like it took forever! Good job!
That sliding video was hilarious! I love the face plant at the bottom. What a doll. Can't wait to see you guys at Thanksgiving! Did you already hear about the Turkey Trot? Should be fun!
I have a red cape too. Maybe we can be twinners!
Post a Comment