As you know we are remodeling our upstairs bathroom. We are installing a new tub and surround and redoing pretty much everything else too. Beleive me, the bathroom really needed to be done. It has been a real learning process. Some of the lessons we have learned the hard way. Like how you should use a cardboard cutout instead of your surround when you make your first cuts to make sure that it is in the right place and is the right size... that's right. Big bobo. We cut our third surround wall wrong and had to order a new one. So we couldn't do anything for about 2 weeks until the part got here. It finally arrived last weekend and we got it cut (right this time!) and installed on Wednesday! Hallelujah! That means we can finally move on to the next stage of the project.
I wanted to tell a funny story about installing the wall though. It was really hard to get on there because the plumbing sticks out too far until it is in the proper hole, so we really had to push and pull to get it in place. There were also a couple of tabs on top that had to be lined up. I decided to get up on the tub to make sure they were in line and then stepped down to look at the bottom. All of a sudden I was being sprayed by what felt like a really cold fire hose! I started screaming and jumping around. Luckily my loving husband kept his head about him and quickly reached over to turn off the toilets water shut off valve. It was only on for a couple of seconds but everything was soaked! Especially me! It got the inside of the wall, floor ceiling, and my entire back side. lol Who knew that one little step could do so much damage?
But before you think that I am the only one to learn my lesson about water shut off valves let me share one more story. :D
A week ago my dear husband got to work taking out the sink and vanity. Unfortunately one of the shut off valves was broken, so he had to turn off all the water in the house until he could replace it that afternoon. We finally got the valve replaced and he sent me downstairs with a cell phone to turn on the water in the house. I asked if he was ready and then slowly turned it on. Then all I heard over the phone was spraying water and yells. I quickly turned off the water and asked what happened. He said "Nothing! Its fine go ahead and turn it back on." So I warily followed orders and ran upstairs to see what had happened. It turned out that the new shutoff valve worked great, but he had forgotten to turn off the second one that he hadn't replaced. Once again, ceiling, walls, and floor were covered in water. lol We have sure had an interesting time with this project!
No comments:
Post a Comment