I just read Michael's final journal entry. It was interesting to me how much it fits into this situation. Michael was always an adventurer. I just talked with one of his sisters and she said to me, "On any given day Michael did something that could kill him. It just happened to be scuba diving that finally did." That is very true. Our entire courtship consisted of a summer full of adventures. We bridge jumped, hiked mountains, and chased thunderstorms. He continued to have adventures through our marriage and enjoyed the trip of a lifetime earlier this summer when he traveled to Alaska with my dad. Michael truly knew how to enjoy life by taking chances and enjoying the rush. But he was also a strong man that was always trying to become stronger.

I also thought that the verses he shared in this entry would help all of us who have been struggling with his leaving us. It is a truth that brings great comfort. God truly can make weak things become strong. Sometimes it takes some very difficult times to accomplish that. This is one of those times.
7-22-10 2 Nephi 3:13 For me this is the verse of the day. "And out of weakness he shall be make strong"... This needs to be my prayer motto mantra. I am so weak and wish so much to be made strong. The craving for those endorphins release in the fight or flight response is so strong. The colors of real life seem pale. Somehow I need to live without it or find a constructive way to access them. I have to beleive in the promise found in Ether 12:27 "Come unto me, Then I will make weak things become strong." Amazing promise. -Michael
2 Nephi 3:13
13 And out of weakness he shall be made strong, in that day when my work shall commence among all my people, unto the restoring thee, O house of Israel, saith the Lord.
Ether 12:27
27 And if men come unto me I will show unto them their aweakness. I bgive unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my cgrace is sufficient for all men that dhumble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make eweak things become strong unto them.
4 comments:
I love the posts you have put up about Michael. We have met before, but it has been awhile. Our husbands were good friends. I love how you have captured the adventurer Mike was and his passion for life. It makes me want to enjoy life more and live it to the fullest - like Mike. I keep reading your posts, and I thought you should know the strength that you have given me. We are also praying for you and your family.
Love,
Nicole Wolfgramm
You capture life when you put your thoughts down in writing! Thank you for being you!!
Thank you for giving us these snippets. We really appreciate it so much. Love you and see you tomorrow.
I love what you are doing. Thank you!
Post a Comment