Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Little E's First Day of Pre School!

Dear Michael,
I promise I have not forgotten about you! I just haven't even loaded pictures onto the computer since my last post because things have been so crazy busy! I have a lot of fun things to catch up on including the family reunion for your mom's side of the family, my first ever triathlon, and all of the home improvement projects I have done over the last month and a half. (How the heck did we already get to the 13th of September?!!)
But I wanted to take a moment to record a momentous first! Little E had her very first day of preschool today! She was such a champ and didn't even drag silky along for the ride. It had to stay in the car. :) We only go 2 days a week but I honestly didn't know how to handle the 2.5 hours while she was gone and Little M was sleeping. It was unnerving to me to know that I didn't have to feel like I was shirking my motherly duty by not taking care of her for that time. There are so many wonderful family and friends who are willing to take care of her while I do things, but I always feel a little neglectful in taking advantage of their offers. But school is something that can help her grow! I even saw it just in the first day. We got to the school and she had to hold onto a little rope (I held onto the yellow loop mommy!) and walk quietly down the hall to her classroom. She was very nervous walking away but the teacher tells me that once she got into the class she adjusted very well and played with all her new friends. Her favorite part of the day was painting her hand blue so that she could make a hand print on paper. At bedtime she told me all about how she painted her hand blue and then had to "wash and wash and wash and wash to get the blue off. But then there was some on my arm! The teacher said I would still have some on to show you when you picked me up." Then we spent time looking together for evidence of the blue paint and she laughed and laughed when we found some under her nails.

I wish I could have been a fly on the wall to watch all of her interactions with the teachers and kids. I am sure you were there laughing and enjoying all of her first day antics and I am honestly a little jealous that you got to see what I couldn't! Especially because getting her to tell me all about her day can be a little confusing.  I do know that she played in the wood chips on the play ground (the pointy things) and that while she was building something with them she got hit by a swing. I think she has my inability to watch out for what is going on around her when she gets interested in something. lol Poor kid has a lot more bruises coming her way!

After I picked her up from school we went to Arctic Circle to get a special "first ever first day of school" treat. She had chocolate ice cream, her favorite. She had fun telling Nana about her day at school while we sat in the booth and enjoyed our treats. :)

Little M devoured a hamburger after acting like I was trying to poison him by giving him his first bite. He had to choose to put it in his mouth all on his own but once he knew what it was, I couldn't give it to him fast enough. Ha! He is such a little man!

I will post more pictures tomorrow, but I just can't face the HUGE download I have ahead of me before I can add them.

Happy first day of School Little E! I am so proud of the sweet, beautiful, spirited, and smart little girl you are turning into!

Love,
Jenny