Dear Michael,
Right around our anniversary I was laying with Little E in our bed and we were playing some of our usual games. Then Little E looked at me and said "You are on your side of the bed and I am on Daddy's side of the bed." I told her that was right and asked if she remembered you sleeping there. She said, "Yes, Daddy sleep talks." I asked her what you said and she replied "If you kiss me I'll wake up!" It made me so happy to know that she still has true memories of you. I know that the likelihood of her really remembering you into adulthood is very small, but for now she still remembers. She was talking about our game we played where we would pretend to be asleep and she would "kiss us awake" like sleeping beauty. She loved sneaking into our room with me to wake you up first thing in the morning and you always feigned such intense surprise with a great big smile on your face and said "You woke me up!" or "Good morning!" or something else and then you would grab her and kiss her sweet little face. Sometimes you had to remind her to kiss you and you would do it with your eyes still closed while you pretended to be asleep. That was exactly what she was remembering. It is moments like this that remind me how lucky we are to have such sweet and wonderful memories of you. You were and are one of the most amazing men I have ever known. The way you adored our daughter still touches my heart in a way I cannot express deeply enough. We still love you Daddy. I only wish we could kiss you awake one more time...
I want to include here one of the stories you were so fond of telling about our little girl. It was one you loved to pull out during a party or something to get a few good laughs. You were jumping on the trampoline with Little E and then you decided to lie down in the middle of the tramp and our little 14-16 month old crawled over to you and tried to wake you up even though you weren't even pretending to be asleep. She had a cold at the time and you ended up with an extremely wet and juicy kiss. The way you laughed during this story still brings a great big smile to my face.
Love,
Jenny
I love this video. This is about the right age for the story I shared above. She is 16 months in the video and loving the attention Daddy lavished on her that night. This was a very common nightly routine at our house. They loved egging each other on. :)
It amazes me how much of Little E I see in Little M now. A lot of the movements and noises in this movie look just like him!
2 comments:
I think it's so cute how Trek wanted to be all involved too. He misses his daddy too.
Audrey had me play this over and over again. She just loved it.
Post a Comment