
My dad loves Labrador retrievers, especially the yellow ones. We used to have a yellow lab named Heather, but she passed away this last year. Our neighbor Sally breeds Labradors and she just had a litter with two females in it. My dad gets to pick one of these adorable dogs to be his new companion, but until its time to take her home, our whole family gets to go over and help "socialize" the puppies in the litter. Its so fun to go over and hold all of the cute little fur balls.
Its interesting how I have begun to relate to the mother dog with her dark circles under her eyes and her sagging doggy breasts. Its also interesting how the puppies have reacted to me. They can smell that I am a food source. Some of them just sniff intently while others lick me looking for food. The little male "blue" started out just licking my shirt but he quickly progressed and actually tried to latch. It scared me pretty badly because they now have very sharp little teeth that I didn't want anywhere near such a sensitive area! :)
2 comments:
That's hilarious! Maybe you should start bringing bottles of milk with you so you can distract them from the more sensitive goods.
Thats a much nicer plan that what I had in mind. I was going to get a Madonna style bra that would poke the puppies eyes out if they made a false move! :)
Post a Comment