Dear Michael,
Your insomniac wife is back... its amazing how hard it is to get back to sleep when you aren't there next to me. Do you remember how I used to stay up late when you went on trips, and you would tell me off. I just never could sleep without you there. Its too lonely...
Anyways, I figured while I was up I would tell you about Lion King. After I was so sick last week, we figured that Lion King was a bust and there was no way we could go. The day we should have left was the day I almost never left the bathroom. There was no way we could take the girls down, get settled, make it to the show, and enjoy it all in one day.
When I woke up on Wednesday I felt a million times better. My Mom and Dad thought that maybe my older sister and I should just make a dash down for the play and come back the next day. I wasn't sure how that would go with morning sickness and it being so last minute, but we decided to give it a go. We left Little E and her cousin with Nana and started on our way. (lol the snack of choice in the car was a California Roll of sushi. Thought that might make you laugh. We pregnant woman can't seem to get enough of that stuff lately.)
So we hoped in the car and got about an hour out when the check engine light in the car came on and it started acting a little funny. I got really nervous because we were in the subaru and last time that happened we blew that head gasket. We pulled into a Podunk gas station and figured out that I just hadn't added oil... in a long time... you would have been so mad at me! lol So I went inside and bought the only 2 things of oil in the entire gas station and poured them in. The car felt a lot more normal but the check engine light stayed on. I decided there was nothing more to be done but to keep going and figure it out in Provo.
We made it down to SLC without any further incident. But then I had to deal with driving around Salt Lake and trying to find the blasted theater. I hate city driving! You know how nervious I get trying to figure out all the stupid little rules and not hit anyone at the same time. I almost took out 2 pedestrians, had to make a couple of U turns, and had to try three times to park in this weird spot where you have to pull in backwards at an angle. When I finally turned off the car I was so relieved!!! I seriously wish you could have been there doing that scary stuff for me. But I didn't kill anyone so alls well that ends well. ;)
We hung out in the car for a few minutes while the rest of the gang (My older sister L, her husband, his parents, L's oldest, and my younger sister) all finished dinner and walked up to meet us. Then we walked about 3 blocks up to the Center Theater. It was such a cute tiny little theater. It was very old and historic looking. You would have totally loved it. I guess it was one of the first building that Brigham Young had built when they were making downtown. The one downside was that they had almost no bathrooms in the place!!! Ahhh a pregnant woman's nightmare! lol
When the show started I was immediately impressed with all the puppetry. It was totally amazing what they could do with just a bit of fabric, wood, feathers, and wire. I absolutely loved the masks on Scar and Mufasa. They would stay up above the actors heads most of the time, but if they crouched down it would come over their face and looked so cool and threatening. The music was very impressive and I enjoyed the whole show. I just wished that you could have been there as planned and talked about how fun it was afterward. But I am sure you probably stole a few peeks while I was there and that makes me happy.
There were a couple of songs that were a little hard for me to get through. I had forgotten that in the show Symba is dealing with his fathers death... it all hit a little close to home. He sings a song about how his dad promised to be there for him, but that he was gone. That was a little hard to watch as I felt our little boy kicking me and realized he might feel that way sometimes... But the hardest song was "he lives in you." It was comforting, but difficult to get through without crying. I have been looking for a version of it online that was as good as ours was live, but haven't found any yet. I will post the closest I could find. I am amazed at how good our cast was. All the things on youtube can't even touch them! Especially our Rafiki. She was so cool and even sang using that cool clicking language. :) It was so amazing.
After the show we headed back to L's house and enjoyed night of sleeping without listening for babies. I woke up about this same time and just layed in her hallway and looked out the windows at Mt Timp. It was beautiful and I thought of all of the places we never got to visit together. I have decided I am going to visit as many of them as possible because I have been promised you will be with me, so if I go you will see them too. I definitely promise to make it to Mt Fiji someday in Japan. I know that was one of your dreams and I will make it come true.
The next day was full of errands and fun with the family. We took the Subaru in and got it all fixed up to sell. The mechanic fixed that silly short in the sound system that made it so you have to drive with the lights on to hear any music. He also fixed the front speaker and both the fog lights. I had to laugh remembering how you broke the fog light when you tipped the car over in the ditch fishing with my dad, and how you cute your finger showing the damage to mom. Its nice to know that things like that damaged finger are now no longer something that bother you.
We also played with the boys outside. We helped them chase dragon flies around the yard. All they had to catch them was a couple of hats, so they didn't have much success but it was fun to watch them try. We then played a couple of rounds of candle tag. (you turn into a candle and melt slowly. If someone else tags you you are free but if you melt you are it.) After 2 rounds I realized why pregnant women don't usually play tag at 8 months. I felt like I had been riding a horse for 6 hours and had a hard time walking! lol It didn't hurt for too long but I decided running was off of my list of activities for the next month or so. I am sure you were there watching and laughing your head off as I waddled away from little N as fast as my belly would let me. At least I hope so, that would make it all a little more worth it to know you were entertained by the whole scenario. ;)
Anyways, I probably better wrap this up and get back to bed or I will be dead to the world tomorrow. I love you and hope that you are happy and working hard.
Sincerely,
Your hugely pregnant wife.
5 comments:
You are doing great, Jenn. Keep at it you brave girl. Keep hanging on to those promises we have been given.
You are always in my prayers
And just keep telling him these things. He is listening, and I'm sure he got a kick out of watching your game of tag.
I was there at the same show the same night! I enjoyed the costumes and choreography though I thought the acting was a little too hokey. Glad you had a great time! Did you have good seats? I was at front of the balcony.
We had really great seats only a few rows back from the stage. :)
Post a Comment