Thursday, September 23, 2010

Our daughter is a silly goober. :)

Dear Michael,


I so wish that you were here for me to tell you these stories. I wanted to wake you up last night so you could laugh and laugh with me at your daughters silly antics. I am sure you probably were there laughing anyways. You probably even saw more of what was going on than I did.

Last night I put Little E to bed and she seemed to go right to sleep. I snuck in around midnight to tuck her back into bed (she gets out from under her blankets and then gets cold between 3 and 5 and wants a whole bunch of attention if she wakes up completely. Better to just tuck her in before I go to sleep.) She was sleeping backwards in her bed on top of all of the sheets and blankets. I turned her back around and tucked her in. She sighed a little and settled down to sleep for what I thought would be the rest of the night.

About 3 am I hear a thump and a couple of other sounds from her room. I listened for a while trying to decide if I should go and check on her. I didn't hear much else and decided she could put herself back to bed if she had gotten up and I might as well get her used to being in charge whether or not she sleeps in her bed or on the floor...

6 am, I hear a little whimper from her room. I decided I would go and check on her because I couldn't do another round of wondering what she was up to. I walk into the room to find the light on (we love the dimmer you installed! She turns on her light almost every night but its still dim enough that she will go back to sleep with it on.) All of her toys are strewn accross the floor along with her pair of pajamas she had been wearing. She is asleep on top of the bed and all of her blankets in just a diaper with a book (dora goes to school) on top of her face. I laughed and pulled out a couple of spare blankets to cover her little naked body and hopefully keep her warm for the next couple hours so we could both get some good sleep. Who knows how long she was up playing last night. :) I really wished I could have woken you up to see her cute naked body in that big girl bed...

This morning she had another goober moment. I put on a deago for her to watch while I showered and left her in our bed with a sisi. When I came back out she was talking to the show (answering questions it was asking) and had her sisi on like a hat! I had to snap a picture because it was so funny to me. It was like she didn't want to lose it so she had found a safe place to store it. And what place is safer than on top of your head? What a silly little girl we have raised. lol

Love you,
Jenny

2 comments:

Tate, MeriBeth, Presdee & Margie said...

Hey Jennie!
I finally found your blog!
I am praying for you. Thank you for these sweet stories.
MeriBeth

Jewels said...

Jenny, You are... well, wow! Thats what I think, WOW. I admire you so much! And I'm still praying for you everyday!