Now that I have painted that picture for you, allow me to explain how they are like Eternity. Eternity is always there, if we focus on it we will see it brightly in our future. But most of the time our everyday lives get in the way and we just don't notice. However, as we enter the sunset of our lives, it becomes our focus.
Now I want to paint a new picture for you. Michael proposed to me on top of R mountain, it is a Butte that overlooks this same mountain range. At the time there was a thunderstorm raging in the distance. I could see the lightning flash behind those mountains and focused on the storm as Michael fumbled clumsily behind me trying to get the ring out of its plastic and into the box to propose. Now when I think back to that storm, I realize that it is very much like grief. It was turbulent, powerful, and dark. However, it helped me to see those mountains just as well as the beautiful sunset, at times maybe even more clearly. Grief brings eternity into focus in a way that nothing else can. I am often grateful for the way that this experience has changed my life. The ways it has forced me to focus on what is truly important.
![]() |
| This beautiful photo shows both the mountain range as I saw it tonight and R Mountain on the left of the Temple. To see it larger please visit Flicker. |

4 comments:
Thanks for posting. I have been wondering how you and your lil ones are doing...
Thanks for your post. As always, inspirational! So glad to see you'll still occasionally update this blog:)
I so needed that reminder/perspective tonight. Thank you for sharing!
Thanks for your post! You are truly amazing to me. Your strength and perspective is so inspirational to me. (This is Ashley by the way not TC. Probably would sound kind of creepy coming from him-lol). Thank you for posting on your blog. I always like to see how you and your cute kids are doing.
Post a Comment