Dear Michael,
I really hope you are on duty for this little boy because I don't know how I am going to keep him from killing himself. Last Tuesday he choked down the bead decoration on my cell phone and we spent the afternoon in the ER getting an ex-ray to make sure it wasn't going to cause problems. It wasn't just a single bead either, it was 3 or 4 beads on a loop of wire about an inch long. This happened after I tried my hardest to get everything baby proofed on the main floor. I took away all small toys and everything I could find that might cause a problem. Then I let him play with my phone... stupid I know. After looking at the ex-ray the doctors said "this too shall pass" and to go get another ex-ray if it didn't show up before the new week started. Anyways, he is still getting himself into trouble. Yesterday he came crawling into the kitchen where my Mom was doing dishes and had something in his mouth. It was a piece of your guitar stand that he had dissembled and I get the feeling that you sent him in there saying "the guitar stand is off limits dude. Take it to Grandma." lol Then not 5 minutes later we took him from the jumper into my room and he somehow got a sticker in his mouth with both my Mom and I watching. We fished that out too and he was mad at us for taking his toys away. Seriously, he will find something hazardous to put in his mouth no matter what!
We went back to the doctors and got another ex-ray today. It looks like another 2 days or so before it will "pass". They let me have a thumbnail copy of the ex-ray so here it is in all its splendor. The white thing on the bottom left is what he swallowed. Crazy kid. I have said for a while that the only proof you need that God exists is to see any Man that made it through his childhood and teenage years alive. I am hoping you can help Little M to make it through his.
Love,
Jenny
Update: It came out the very next bowel movement. I totally knew that would happen if I took him back into the doctor like I was supposed to. lol At least I don't have to sift through his diapers anymore! Now to keep this event from repeating itself...
3 comments:
HAHAHA! Good luck Jenny!
Haha! K'bree has never put a single thing besides food in her mouth ever until last week when she swallowed a penny and it hadn't resurfaced. We spent time @ the hospital and her "tummy coin" was in exactly that same spot!
But just think! If he hadn't swallowed the beads, you wouldn't have been able to see all those darling little ribs!! They are so cute!
Glad everything "came out" alright in the end!--or out the end... lol
Post a Comment