This post is to thank all of the wonderful people who have made my holiday wonderful instead of the sad and upsetting thing I expected it to be. I have been blessed by so many anonymous people this Christmas along with my friends and family. It seemed like every time I came home (I spent most of the Holiday at my Mom's because it was just to hard to be here without Michael...) there was another gift on my door step! There are so many thoughtful and kind people in this world! I can't post about all of the gifts because there just isn't time (Little M only gives me a few minutes to post at a time) but here is a small sample.
While I was down in Provo I got a call from a friend telling me there was a large gift on my door step. She was kind enough to put it inside for me and when I came home I saw this!
It was the 12 days of Christmas. I was so surprised and it was such a cute idea that I just had to share it. Here is a list of all of the gifts that were included in the basket. Each one had a paper attached that read like the song. This list came from the 12th day:
On the 12th day of Christmas my neighbors gave to me
12 Christmas Tree Cakes
Eleven Tiny Oranges
10 Festive Pencils
9 Chocolate Truffles
8 Shiny Baubles
7 Candy Canes
6 Santa Socks
5 Silly Toys
4 Cards to Make
3 Snowman Towels
2 Mugs of Cocoa
And a CD that's very Cheery!
I couldn't beleive how much each of these little gifts meant to me. It was so nice to have something fun to look forward to doing every day with Little E. :) Thank you so much to whoever it was that gave it to us!
Another gift I received this Christmas came from a woman widowed a year ago, 2 weeks before she had her third child. It was this beautiful willow tree ornament called "remember". It truly meant so much to me. I will always always remember and treasure those memories. It brings me hope to see that others have made it through this same trial and helps me feel that I will too, in time.
Thank you again to everyone who has helped to make this season bright for my children and I this year. It really was a magical Christmas, and I am amazed at the kindness and love this world has to offer us. I wish I could thank you all individually and face to face, but since I can't this will have to do. :) Thank you!
Love,
Jenny


No comments:
Post a Comment