Dear Michael,
Our good friend Carly emailed me this video last night. Not only is it beautiful, it does an amazing job of expressing some of the emotions that I have gone through over the past few months. I love it. Thank you Carly. :)
Thought of You from Ryan J Woodward on Vimeo.
"World Spins Madly On"
Woke up and wished that I was dead
With an aching in my head
I lay motionless in bed
I thought of you and where you'd gone
and let the world spin madly on
Everything that I said I'd do
Like make the world brand new
And take the time for you
I just got lost and slept right through the dawn
And the world spins madly on
I let the day go by
I always say goodbye
I watch the stars from my window sill
The whole world is moving and I'm standing still
Woke up and wished that I was dead
With an aching in my head
I lay motionless in bed
The night is here and the day is gone
And the world spins madly on
I thought of you and where you'd gone
And the world spins madly on.
I miss you. The world keeps spinning and I grow stronger, but the missing will never really go away. I just will become strong enough to handle it. I am actually grateful for that. It would seem wrong somehow if I ever stopped missing you. Like I was somehow betraying you. But I don't mind the pain decreasing. There is no way I could have lived my whole life with that much pain in my every day. It would have been unbearable.
The other part of the video that I really love is that it shows her grieving in the end too. I had never thought about that before you passed away, but now I firmly beleive that there is grief on both sides of the veil. While I know that you are happy there, I am sure that you miss us too. I know you probably ache to hold your children and miss our kisses as much as we miss yours. I am sure you are looking forward to that beautiful day when we will be reunited again just as much as I do. :)
I hope you are succeeding in your mission there and that you can feel our love and support.
Love,
Jenny
1 comment:
That was beautiful. I know he misses you so much and is so, so excited for when everyone is reunited. That was such an eloquent and expressive video. You are so, so strong. I love you!
Post a Comment