Friday, December 24, 2010

Somebody Loved

Dear Michael,
I have been going through the computers "random stuff" file you made trying to figure out what everything is and if its important or not. While I went through it I found this note:

"Somebody Loved"
-The Weepies


  C            Am        Em       G
Rain turns the sand into mud
 C              Am         Em          G
Wind turns the trees into bone
   C           Am      Em        G
Stars turning high up above
 F            G              C
You turn me into somebody loved.


  C              Am           Em     G
Nights when the heat had gone out
  C          Am      Em      G
We danced together alone
  C               Am          Em       G
Cold turned our breath into clouds
 C        Am       Em               G
We never said what we were dreaming of
  F                G              C
But you turned me into somebody loved.


  F                 G       C
Someday when we're old and worn
 Dm        C        F         G
Like two softened shoes
F                 G         C
I will wonder on how I was born
     Dm      C         F         G
The night I first ran away from you.


         C             Am         Em       G
Now my feet turn the corner back home
 C              Am       Em     G
Sun turns the evening to rose
  C            Am      Em       G
Stars turning high up above
 F           G              C
You turn me into somebody loved.


I love the line about the heat going out because it reminds me of the night when you decided to change our thermostat to a digital one. You couldn't figure out what wire went where and I got so frustrated that you had started that project on such a cold night. Little E was in bed and I didn't want her to get too cold. But you figured it out eventually and we all went to bed warm and toasty in the end. :)

This song also reminds me of Christmas last year. If I remember right you were helping your nephew and sister learn it for the family christmas talent show. I am hoping Missy can fill me in on more of the details in a comment or something. I loved listening to you learn new songs and really miss the music that used to fill my home. I love you so much and wish this Christmas were more like last years. Thank you so much for loving me and "turning me into somebody loved."
Your sweetheart,
Jenny


2 comments:

EarlGirl said...

Ah, that wonderful song! I heard it first on pandora and fell in love with it. Dainon was just barely starting to play guitar, so he needed some serious backup. I sent Michael the song, and he played it with us for the family talent show. I'll never forget how he jazzed up the end unexpectedly :) I love that song, and I sing it when I want to feel him close to me. Thanks for the memory!

Shana said...

You dont know me, but I've been following your blog for a little while. I found it through a comment you left on the Sullengers blog. I couldn't help but leave a comment here for you tonight. I just want you to know that I really admire your strength! Honestly, I know that if my husband were to pass away, I just couldn't go on. You're so blessed to have 2 beautiful children to carry you through the dark and lonely times. I am esp thinking about you and praying for you during the holiday seasons. I couldn't imagine the pain you're feeling, esp at this time.
Please know that I will be praying for you that you will find comfot and peace. And that you will feel our Saviours Love surrounding you. I also pray that you will feel your husband close to you and that his warmth and Spirit will lift you during the dark days.