Sunday, April 17, 2011

Baby Steps...

Dear Michael,
I just added some new songs to the playlist on our blog. I know I said I was going to do that back in January but I just couldn't do it. Partly I couldn't change something you had put together. It was still so full of US and I didn't want to do anything that might take the U out of US. Also, it required learning how to do something that I just didn't know much about. I had messed with it a little bit, but the energy required to learn how was just energy I didn't have. (I still don't know anything about Itunes either. I haven't updated an Ipod ever, and that hasn't changed since you left. Someday I will have to face that too...)
But these songs have some lyrics that have really fit and touched me during this trial. Not all of the lyrics mind you. Some of the songs are breakup songs, and I definitely still love you and am not really moving on yet, but parts of the songs have really hit home. So I finally decided to put a little more me here. For a while there I couldn't listen to any music, then I could only listen to music that was from my highschool days, and now I can appreciate all of our music along with the new songs that I find. This is a definite improvement that I can really see in my life. I think it shows that I am healing a little. Baby steps right? Baby steps...
Love,
Jenny

Songs Added:
The Script: Break Even
Fleetwood Mac: Landslide
Colin Hay: Waiting for my real life to begin
Rob Thomas: Someday
Leona Lewis: Better in Time

3 comments:

Carly said...

Love these, Jenny! :)

Aleece said...

Hey! I just found your blog. You are incredibly strong and such a wonderful example. Thanks for sharing!

P.S. We still own you babysitting that you never take us up on :-)

-Aleece

Home of the Muddy Kids said...

This is wonderful, girl! This is a big step; no babying about it! I'm so proud of you. Can't wait to see you!!!