Saturday, October 23, 2010
Capture the Flag
Dear Michael,
I was driving through town the other day and passed the school that you worked at. There are so many fond memories I have of that wonderful school. You doing volcano day, lunchtimes where I surprised you with Burger King because I hadn't packed you a lunch and knew you were starving, watching monsters Inc with your class while you held Little E on your lap and she ate popcorn to her hearts content, you holding Little E on your shoulders while teaching math (the kids laughing their heads off at all of her antics and you just laughing along with them.) One of the newest memories I have is of us playing capture the flag out front.
It was close to the last day of school and one of the other teachers challenged your class to a game of capture the flag. Little E and I had come in to visit you and so we came out to join in the fun. You and I were just wandering back and forth across the field trying to keep an eye on Little E while you played referee. We slowly wandered over near the other teams flag. No one was paying any attention to what we were doing and Little E got interested in the flag. I told her to grab it and she did. Then I yelled at you to pick her up and run for it. You threw her over your shoulder like a sac of potatoes and streaked across the field. Their whole team was after you and Little E was laughing and screaming as they chased you both. She made the first score in the game. :) We didn't really count it, but it was so funny to watch. Those kids were so frustrated that they couldn't catch you, but there was no way they could keep up with someone that had legs twice as long as theirs. lol
I love thinking back to moments like this because they really show how much you enjoyed being a father. You loved Little E so much and made her little life so full of joy and excitement. And you were such a great teacher too. Not many teachers razz their students as much as you did and I know they loved every minute. :)
I love and miss you so much!
Jenny
Here are a few pictures from February of 2009. They make me laugh because Little E and Trek both made picture taking so darn difficult! You could never get them both to behave and look the right direction. Plus I absolutely love your smile in the second one. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Yes, I can just imagine it. Lil E will have to join our Thanksgiving football game!
It's his hair that cracks me up. You just never knew which way it was going to go! Man, I love that guy.
Oh, I love those. Thanks for posting them!
Post a Comment