A couple of weeks before my dear husband passed away our home town had another great loss. A little girl fell into a local canal and was life flighted to primary children's hospital. She survived for about a week and then returned to our loving fathers presence. You can read more of her story HERE. I followed her story closely as it unfolded. So closely that when I began crying after reading that she had passed away my husband instantly knew what had happened. He said "that little girl didn't make it did she?" and came out to comfort me while I grieved for that poor families loss. Her sweet mother Ashley later came to my parents home to comfort me after I lost him. They have been such an inspiration to me and as I read her blog I often see my own feelings reflected in her words. I have only spoken to her a few times, but feel so close to her already.
Ashley has found a way to serve others that I would really love to share with anyone who would be willing to help. She is gathering materials for baskets to give to parents when they arrive at primary children's hospital. Often these parents are arriving after an accident and they have nothing, not even a toothbrush. We will be putting baskets together on her daughters birthday in December. Ashley is setting up a paypal account and accepting any donations of items or money so we can hopefully put together a basket for each of the 40 rooms there. If you are willing to help please go HERE to see more details. I know that serving others will help me to be happier and more content with my life. Maybe it will help you too.
Also, feel free to comment on my blog. I would love to know more about you, who knows maybe we can become friends. :)
Thank you in advance for any help you are able to give us in this project,
Love,
Jenny
The Sullenger Family; Patrick, Ashley, and Preslee

9 comments:
Thank you thank you for sharing your story. I know we don't know each other that well... but I follow your blog closely and you and your little family are often in my thoughts and prayers. I know you have a lot of support with family close by... but if you ever need anything- don't hesitate to ask.
Jenny,
We were in the 75th Ward together but you probably don't remember that. And a long time before that Mike was in my horseback riding class. He was a true gentleman. I follow your blog and read your words. You remind me to forget the little things that I seem to stress over and just take the time to love.
This last week in my hometown of Carey a young man was killed in a car accident. I can't imagine what shock his parents must be going through, but like your family they are in my heart and prayer. I hope that they can have the same comfort that you have received. Your words are inspiring to anyone who has ever experienced loss.
I first heard of your story from my friends Shem and Carly...I read about the Sullengers as well and have followed both your blogs since. I didn't want to creep you out knowing some stranger was reading your thoughts and feelings... :) (I find it ironic to say this because I myself have met some pretty incredible friends who happened to stop by my blog one day and from then on we just clicked!) I have actually thought of asking Carly several times if she thought you would mind me commenting on something...because there has been a lot I have wanted to say.
But regardless, I hope you know that you are an incredible woman. Sharing your feelings so openly has really made me cherish my relationships with others so much more...because you just never know. I hope you know you have been in my prayers many nights--and while I have never met you, I think about you and your little family often.
I think I just feel a connection through so many things you have said. I get it...I get what you're saying...even though I haven't been through a similar loss.
Thank you for being so open, and truly so inspiring in such a difficult time.
--Rachel (www.brholloway(dot)blogspot.com)
What a great idea!
I read your blog, I love your family, I have 4 kids of my own that are around the same age as your kids, I live around the corner....love you!
So you already know I want to help put them together and will of course donate as well :)
Missy and I are reading here together. We'll help somehow.
My husband is in the military and deployed three times. I have often wondered what it would be like if he died. It is a possibility I have had to come to terms with. Your blog has been very comforting to me. I will be forever grateful for the peace of mind you words have brought me. Thank You
Jenny,
My name is Kristi (Bates) Hill. I grew up in Idaho Falls and was friends with Amber in High School and knew Eric at BYU-Idaho. I first read about your story when Eric thanked everyone for their prayers and support on his Facebook page. As I tried to figure out what happened I came across Micheal's obituary. My heart just hurt so badly for you. I knew Micheal at BYU-Idaho. We had a couple of classes together and were in the same ward at one point, he was so fun.
When I found your blog it made me think, it made me so grateful for so many things I take for granted. I find it always helps me put things in perspective.
Oh, and I love your humor. Many of your posts make me laugh. I wish I knew your personally, I think we would be friends.
I too am a stranger to you, though not to your husband. Mike and I graduated from High School together. I heard your story from another HS friend who sent the message through facebook. I find such strength and inspiration reading your blog. I come away wanting to be a better wife and mother, and to cherish each moment in life. Your blog helps ground me in what's really important in life. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and your testimony. It is rare when I am not either laughing or near crying when reading one of your posts. You truly are amazing! Thank you for inspiring me to be better!
Post a Comment