Monday, December 27, 2010

Dear Black Denim,

I just saw my dad's walkie talkie sitting on the shelf and it brought back some fun memories from our first year of marriage. We got married in October and were living in the Apple Tree apt complex. I remember Winter came and we bought ourselves a pair of walkie talkies to use on our shopping trips to Winco. We would go our separate ways in the store and check off our list over the walkie talkies so we could get out of there sooner. We often did this after a trip to the temple. I remember we had a goal to go to the temple at least 2 times a month at that point. Anyways, we would go shopping and we had code names that you had made up. You were "black denim" and I was "hot leather". lol I remember at one point we accidentally got onto the same frequency as the store used and you spent half our trip messing with the people on the other end. :)

The other funny memory I have was probably the second night we had them. You charged them up and decided to have some fun. You came casually out of the bedroom and leaned over to give me a kiss on the couch. Then you told me you were going to go check the mail. After you had left (this was the middle of winter so it was already dark) I started hearing spooky noises coming from behind me. Heavy breathing, growls, and other sounds. It scared me pretty bad but then I found the handset and started to tell you how naughty that was. You laughed until I said "did you take your key?" and you said "Yah..." but I could hear that you had started running. I jumped up and locked the door and laughed when you tried to get in. Like I said, it was winter time and it was cold outside. I waited a minute or two for you to learn your lesson and finally let you back in. You never tried to pull that trick on me again. lol But you sure did enjoy scaring the paste out of me when I was in the shower! I eventually learned to lock the bathroom door if I was showering when you were on your way home. You were such a stinker sometimes. ;)

Anyways, I just wanted to write down that memory while I was thinking about it because I hadn't remembered that one in years! I love you and wish you were still here to scare me and play practical jokes on me.

Love,
Hot Leather.

3 comments:

Carly said...

HAHAHA what an ornery cuss.
love you!

Erin Darrington said...

hahahaha! i love this memory! what a treasure!

EarlGirl said...

So funny! That cracks me up. Thanks for sharing it!