Dear Michael,
Today I had one of the best moments of being a mom ever. Little E has been getting so good about saying I love you to people. She says it all the time, but that also means it has become just "something she says" instead of it really meaning something. But that is not always the case. Today I was reading someone's Christmas letter on the floor and had a serious look on my face (my friends husband had cancer this year and so I was thinking about how hard that must have been...). Little E came up to me and slowly started stroking my hair. Then she looked at me and said "Jenny, I love you." in her wonderful little voice. I could tell she really really meant it. Then she said, "Do you want to snuggle me? Let's lay down on the floor and snuggle."
Can you tell that she is used to me breaking down and her having to cuddle and comfort me? I am sure she thought I was upset and needed her to help me feel better. It was so very sweet and I loved snuggleing her on the floor. We were only there a few seconds before Trek decided he needed to be cuddled too and she and I both giggled as he sniffed at us and tried to get us to love him too.
Anyway, I just wanted to write you and tell you about what a kind and loving daughter your little girl is growing up to be. She truly is my wonderful little angel.
I hope you are having a wonderful Christmas. We love you and miss you so much.
Love,
Jenny

3 comments:
oh jen she is so sweet. your kids are beautiful.
So sweet! I love those moments when you know it's all worth it! I know I'm some random person you've never met, but I love reading your blog and it really inspires me how strong you are! Keep it up!
Briana
She is learning so much sensitivity and compassion through this. She is going to be such a strong woman.
Post a Comment