Dear Michael,
I have so much to catch up on... and no energy/time to do it right now. But I just wanted to post a little note to you tonight. I want you to be proud of me. I painted our room today. Well, I guess I should start calling it my room. That was kind of what the whole project was about. Turning it into a space I could feel comfortable in. Don't get me wrong, I loved our room. But it was kind of painful to sleep in it without you. You helped me pick out every element of it and going to bed at night was hard. So I decided to make a change. I think you would still totally dig it! But it is definitely a change and that was what I needed. It also forced me to take out the last of your things from the closet yesterday. That was a huge step for me. It was a lot like tearing off a band aid (so many things feel that way now.) But I am glad it is done because it is no longer some hard thing "I have to do someday." Its just done. It stinks, but it is what it is. I will try to post pictures of all of my recent adventures as soon as I can, but that probably won't be until this crazy weekend is over. My sister is blessing her new baby this weekend (man I haven't even posted about him yet! Ahh so behind!!) So all the family is up including Lori who totally inspired me today and helped me get the whole room done. It was a great day. I want you to be happy with me, but sometimes I wonder if it upsets you when I change things. I hope not. It just needed to be done. After all, I told you how much I hated that splochy yellow paint before we even moved it. I used the color we had in your Man Cave so I know you would have approved of that.
I also finally finished the paint patches in our bathroom today. That project has been hard for me to tackle because I had planned on surprising you when you came home from your trip by having it done in there. I had planned on doing it the night of the 27th after Little E went to bed. I remember walking home from Tasha's house, coming in the door and starting to make crepes for dinner. I was thinking to myself. "Lets get dinner done, her in bed, and then I will finish that bathroom! He will be so surprised when he comes home." Little did I know what was coming my way not 5 minutes later. So somehow, I never could face doing that project because you weren't going to come home and appreciate it. Well, I finally did it. I hope you like it too. I still have to caulk, but that can happen tomorrow night. Right now I am so tired!
Anyways, I just wanted to record what day I did these projects for myself in the future, and also ask you to be excited too. I love you so much. Sometimes it kills me that I have to do these things without you, but I am still proud of myself for just doing it!
Love,
Jenny
3 comments:
I don't think he would be upset at all. He is so relaxed about that kind of stuff; peoples' styles and opinions, you know? I bet he it totally happy that you are exploring what you like and enjoy, that you are reaching and branching out and growing. (o:
I can just see him standing there watching you paint, with his hands on his hips, nodding, smiling, yep. I think he's proud of you and will like the new look because it's you and he loves you.
I just came across your blog through the Sullenger's. I am so sorry to hear about your husband. I just wanted to tell you about a good friend of mine's blog because it may be of some comfort to you to hear the story of someone who has been through a similar situation. She lost her husband last May to Cancer. The blog address is dearryno.blogspot.com. I hope it can offer you some comfort. In reading your posts you remind me alot of her in the amazing strength that you both have that gets you through this trying time in your life. Best of wishes :)
Post a Comment