Dear Michael,
Lately I have really missed your wonderful kisses. I sit and just remember the feel of your soft lips against mine, or the caress of your fingers on my cheek, the warmth of your hand holding mine. I sit and daydream and enjoy the wonderful memories. I wish I could have more, but I am so grateful for the ones I do have. The other day I was doing dishes in the kitchen and had some of your music playing. I started swaying to it, remembering how you used to come up behind me while I did the dishes and wrap your arms around me while we slowly rocked together to the music. I closed my eyes, and it was almost as if you were still here. It was a wonderful moment. Peaceful, sweet, and perfect. I really do think you were there sharing it with me. Little M was drifting off to sleep in the bouncer on the counter, the sun streamed in the window in a glorious golden color, and I knew that someday we would dance together again. Thank you for helping me to feel so wonderful.
Another memory I wanted to record of you was one of the ways you used to woo me. When we first started dating you would make me a rose out of the napkin as we would eat at a restaurant. You would do it under the table and then hand it to me with a flourish and a big grin on your face. I would inevitably try to smell it. I remember you saying, "Isn't it funny how even when you know it won't have any smell, you can't help but try to smell a flower?" It is so true. I couldn't help myself. I so loved those flowers. You were always so good at showing love through some little thing like that. Thank you.
Love,
Jenny

1 comment:
I think he visits a whole lot more frequently than we think he does. He never was one to stay a stranger.
Post a Comment