Dear Michael,
I just got finished putting folding, smelling, and holding all your ties. They are safe in a box where I can pull them out and hold them when I want to. They still smell like you did when you went to work every day. I wish that you would put them on again and walk out the door to go to your classroom. I love all the crazy colors that you wore. The zebra striped tie that was bright blue and white, your bright pink tie that you wore on a regular basis. They were all so you. :)
While I was putting your ties into the box, Little E was running around the living room with a doggy cookie screaming at the top of her lungs as Trek chased her trying to gently get the cookie from her hand. He is such a good dog. He tried to use his legs at one point and Little E ran away saying "don't hump me Trek!" I had to laugh out loud and thought you would have been rolling on the ground after that one.
I am very tired this morning. Not so much physically (although that is definitely part of it) but mostly emotionally. I really wish I could take a break from missing you. It is so exhausting to have everything reminding me of what I no longer have. There are times that I wish I could crawl into a hole and just disappear for a while. I try to enjoy all of the little moments throughout the day when something makes me happy, but I am still just so tired. Don't get me wrong, I am so grateful for the joys I have in my life, and for all the wonderful memories that are currently haunting me. I just wish that you could come home for a little while and give me a break. It would be really really nice.

6 comments:
I'm so happy with the tie you gave us. He's worn it at my house before so I remember him in it. I still sniff his shirt too. One day I'll let the boys wear his tie on special occasions.
I love that picture. He is such a sweet baby.
cute picture Jenny! Sending relaxing vibes your way :)
What a great picture! I'm sure the veil is thin enough for that little guy that he could remember the smell of his daddy in those ties.
Happy Anniversary :) Little M will love to have his Daddy's ties when he is older, I love that picture. Hugs to you.
Senorita Still Tubby-ita,
Erin
Jenny, I love your post. That is so sweet about the ties. I have a tie from my brother who died and I cherish it. I can't wait until ethan fits into it. I can't imagine for Little M to wear his daddy's tie will be so sweet for him and for YOU! Love you girl and think aboutyou ALL the time.
Post a Comment