Thursday, February 3, 2011

Isn't She Perty?

Dear Michael,

I so wish I could call you up during your prep period and tell you about the funny thing Little E did today. You would have laughed so hard. So here is the story. I hope you love it as much as I do. :)

This morning Little E and I were in the bathroom while I took a shower. I decided to just let her play in the bathroom instead of having her shower with me because I just wanted a few minutes to enjoy the hot water by myself. I can't turn it up as hot when she is in with me and I am always worried I will get soap in her eyes. Well, she threw a fit at being left out of the shower and then stood outside the curtain whining at me to let her in and hitting the curtain in frustration. She finally calmed down and started playing with a few toys in the bathroom. I was almost done with my shower when I realized she had been really quite for a little too long... then I smelled something I couldn't quite place... Fingernail Polish!!!

The thumb and pointer were almost as good as when I do it!
I quickly realized what it was and looked out of the shower to see her putting dark purple polish on her nails all by herself and saying "Look mommy. Isn't it pretty?" I agreed and asked her to blow on the nails and hold very still. I got out of the shower and we cleaned up the little drips she had gotten on the sink, stool, and floor. Then I put her on the toilet and finished the job for her, I ended up having to redo 3 of the 5 nails she had done because she had painted it so thick it would never have dried. But I am amazed at how well she did at getting it on her nails by herself. It looked really good considering she is only 2.5 years old. She is growing up too quickly! lol

Wish you were here to laugh at her antics with me.

Love,
Jenny

1 comment:

Cam and Linds said...

Jen she is SO cute I can't believe how big she is getting and I still haven't even met her! Both your kids are beautiful! Miss you :)