Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Sibling Cuteness

Dear Michael,

Today I went to town to go to the bank and lunch with your cousin Brittany. Alan did a great job helping me out. Poor guy looked like he was married with a two year old and a really really pregnant wife. I had Little M in a sling under my coat so I looked SOOO pregnant lol. A girl even said "Man she is really pregnant!" As I walked past. It made us both laugh.

Anyways, we stayed out later than I had planned and when we got home I tried my best to get both kids down for their (late) afternoon naps.... I failed on both counts. Little E just ran around her room for over an hour being loud enough that Little M wouldn't fall asleep. When I tried to nurse him to sleep as a last ditch effort he cut his face with his nails and ended up throwing a half hour fit. Eventually I just gave up and took him in to get Little E out of her room. Little M had been sad right up until he saw Little E. Then he started giggling his head off. She rolled around the floor in her room to keep him laughing while saying "I am coming to get you! Now I am far away! Now I am coming to get you!" It reminded me of how she used to only get around by rolling.

I couldn't beleive how much she could get him laughing. It was honestly the most I have ever seen him laugh. I almost went for a camera, but decided sometimes its better to just savor the moment and store it away in your memories instead of disrupting it to record it. I can already tell that these two are going to be such great friends. Little E loves to tell people that she is a big sister, and that she sings little baby songs to him when he is crying. :) She is doing such a great job! He is really loving every minute of sisterly attention... well, the ones that don't hurt that is. But he is a tough kid and will make it through mostly unscathed. If you made it to adulthood with all your sisters he can survive one. lol

we love you,
Jenny

1 comment:

Home of the Muddy Kids said...

Hey! (o: He got there mostly unscathed. I think he still had scars from my fingernails on his forearm. Sorry 'bout that. (o: