Thursday, March 17, 2011

Little E's Prayer

Dear Michael,

Little E learned a bit about prayer in FHE this week. My sister taught our lesson on how to pray: begin with "dear heavenly father", thank him for blessings, ask for things we need, and end with "In the name of Jesus Christ Amen." Since then she has done a bit better with saying prayers before bed. It has been a struggle lately to get her to settle down long enough to do a prayer without me physically holding her still, but like I said, its been better this week. Its still not as good as when you did her nighttime prayers, I never did understand how you could get her to do prayers so nicely before bed. She even said "amen" for the first time for you and then refused to say it for me for a few more weeks. lol She just liked to impress you I guess.

Anyways, tonight she said a really cute prayer and I wanted to record it for her so she can laugh when she grows up and says prayers with children of her own.
Me "Lilly, lets say a prayer. Say Dear Heavenly Father"
 Little E "Dear Heavenly.... Father..." (Messes around for a second and settles down)
Me "Thank you for, what would you like to thank him for?"
Little E "Thank you for... being good!"
Me "Please help me, what would you like help with?"
Little E "Please help me... get out of Little M's crib."
Me "In the name of Jesus Christ..."
Little E "Amen!"

She is so cute. That is the second prayer she has said this week where she has asked for help getting out of the crib. She can "fly" into the crib by herself just fine, but she can't get out on her own. Apparently that is bothering her and it is a new skill she wants to acquire. :) Maybe I should teach her how to get out on her own tomorrow so she can have an answer to her sweet little prayer.

Anyways, I hope you have a wonderful night. I thought that would bring a smile to your face.
Love,
Jenny

3 comments:

tara said...

Jenny,

I found your blog through Patrick and Ashley's and I felt like an intruder reading your sweet notes to your husband.
My heart aches for your loss. Your
family will be in my prayers. I was wondering if you would send me your address,
or PO box number. I promise I am not a creeper, just a mom that
wants to send you a card.

I am truly sorry for your loss,
tara
taraclarese@yahoo.com

Home of the Muddy Kids said...

What an angel! Their little prayers can tell you so much about what is going on inside their little hearts and minds. Keep up the great work, mommy!

Annie said...

Hi Jenny,

I found you through another site. I couldn't help but read your story. It has touched me deeply. I pray that you may get through this knowing that many people are thinking of you and your family.
Our little girl has just started saying Amen at the end of prayers as well, and it's the most endearing thing to watch. Children's prayers, secret or aloud, are the most sacred thing. They are heard.
May angels continue to watch over you.
Annie