Dear Michael,
I remember you telling me things you had learned about child development and art. How children start out with scribbles that they know the meaning of, and slowly work they way up to stick figures etc. I remember you telling me that there comes a point when they make an important step of drawing details. They draw a circle and add something like an eye or mouth etc.
Little E has reached that step. Every time she does a drawing now I think of that conversation and wish you were here to tell her how amazing her drawing is. I know you are probably so excited to watch each new thing she learns too.
Here it is, artwork at its finest. Family Portrait: by Little E
She drew it on her magna doottle during bedtime tonight and I had to take a picture and write down what was what so she would have a copy of her amazing art in the future. :) The big oval is me. The dot on the top of it is my eye, the circle is my mouth, and the lower dot is my belly button. The little circle on the side of the big oval is Little M. He also has a mouth as you can see. The small oval in the top right corner is Little E. She has an eye and mouth too.
Well honey, I hope you enjoyed our venture into the world of art this evening.
Love,
Jenny


3 comments:
That is so cute! I love the belly button. It's so funny what they think is important enough to add to a portrait. When my big boy was little, every character had a tie. Then, later, every character had a superman symbol on their stomachs. (o:
you don't know me...but i knew mike. i dated norman at byu-i about 6 years ago, and i was also friends with mike. i am so sad to hear about your loss and wish you well. he was SUCH a great guy and i'm glad his memory can stay alive in you and your kids. again...i'm so sorry, but glad he found his HAPPINESS in you guys.
What a sweet post. You have a wonderful budding artist there. So nice to see you guys smiling. ☺ Your posts are so inspiring and heartfelt. You're in my prayers.
Post a Comment