Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Honey its Cold Outside!

Dear Michael,

Today it is -22 but feels like -33! Brrrr. I am so glad that the kids and I have a warm house with functioning heat and lots and lots of blankets to curl up in. But as I sit here this morning I can't help but picture what the day would have been like if you were still here with us. We would have been woken up by a phone call at 6 in the morning. You would have excitedly answered with both of us crossing our fingers. "Schools Closed!" You would cry excitedly. "Too cold outside for the kids". Then we would have quietly jumped for joy and snuggled back into bed to sleep in for as long as the kids would let us. Once the kids were awake I am sure we would have had hot chocolate as a family and then probably snuggled in to watch an episode of Kipper the Dog as a family. You would have held Little M and laughed and played with him doing your best to get as many stolen baby giggles as possible. Then you would have chased Little E around the house on all fours making her scream and giggle in delight. When it came to be nap time we would probably have watched an episode of whatever our latest obsession was (I have no idea what our newest thing would have been. I am pretty sure we would have gotten through bones, dollhouse, and pushing daisies already. Who knows what we would have discovered to fill our evening hours. Popcorn and snuggling would have been the same no matter what we were watching.) It would have been a day full of family and enjoying every minute of stolen together time. We probably would have spent the whole day in or pj's. :) It makes me happy just remembering similar days in my past.



I wish this were my day. But I will enjoy the time I have with our children regardless. It just isn't quite the same without having daddy home unexpectedly. Days when school is closed always seem to be hard for me.

I love you so much, we miss you all the time. But especially when I know you would have had so much fun!

Jenny

PS. I just helped Little E wash her hands in the bathroom and she said, "I miss daddy" and I said "I miss daddy too. Did you know if he was alive Daddy would have stayed home today. School is canceled so he wouldn't have had to go to work. He would have been in the bed when you woke up. So you would have gone in and kissed him awake." She laughed her little chortle and said "And we would have played fort!" and I said "Yah! You probably would have" and then she said "And then we would have played zombies." lol You were still really into playing plants vs zombies on your ipod. She totally remembers that still. She is probably right. It is very likely that you would have played games on your ipod with her in bed for a while. I still love how she would snuggle you and slowly work her way up to sitting on your neck so you couldn't see or breath. :)
She still barely fits in these pj's, she still has that silky. Almost everything is the same as in this picture, except for you. We miss you!


I just wanted to let you know that she still remembers all the fun you had. She misses you, and she knows what you would have been like today too. We both wish you were here. But who knows, maybe you are, just in a different way.

1 comment:

Home of the Muddy Kids said...

I'm so glad she still remembers, and that you are writing this down for her. that is going to mean so much as she gets older. you are such a good mommy.