Sunday, May 29, 2011

An email for the Nephews.

Dear Michael,

Today is yet another rainy day (no surprise, last memorial day weekend it snowed!) I would have gone to church but Little E has yet another eye infection (Little M had it last weekend) so we all stayed home and lounged around in our pj's all morning. It has actually been a pretty nice morning. We watched 2 episodes of Sesame street together while Little M munched on his jumper and I cleaned out my junk email account. I was putting things into my junk folder and saw a folder titled "From Husband". This was my email address that I had until we had Little E and I was pretty excited to read through some of our old emails to each other. I decided to share this one with your sisters because it just shows how much you loved all of your nieces and nephews. Plus I thought your nephews would like a reminder of how much fun you had together that week.
You truly loved all of your family, but your nieces and nephews held such a special place in your heart.

  • Re: Hey there Friend‏

What's up witchy woman (meant in a you are so beguiling kind of good way),
           I was just thinking about writing you.  I just got home from Hitchhikers guide to the Galaxy.  It was great   I really like how they did it.   I must admit that they did stray from the path a bit,  but good all the same.  I've had a great time up here.  my parents left for Seattle the day after I got here so I've had the house all to myself for a better part of the week.  I know it's sounds a bit lonely, but after the hustle and bustle of college life it has been really nice.  I got to go play golf in with my three year old nephew and play space pirate with the others using the bed of my truck as my Neptune (the name of our fearsome pirate ship)  then we slept in their tree house and watched jimmy neutron on my game boy until late at night. yep good times!  I got a little something for you while I was here.  I was out and thought of you so I got it.  I hope you like it. I hope you continue to have a great time!
                                                           , michael
Teaching the boys how to dual the right way!

Written 4/30/05. That was right after we had started dating. We weren't officially boyfriend and girlfriend yet. But we had spent the better part of the last 2 weeks of the semester together and both really really liked each other.  Sadly, I can't remember what the gift was that you bought for me. Maybe you showed it off to your sister and she remembers? Hopefully it will come back to me in time. I can't tell you how often I wish I had kept more of a journal during our time together. I am trying very hard to keep a better record now, but it doesn't help with what is past.

Thank you so much honey for writing me that day. I remember being pretty giddy when I got your email. I think this may have been the email I got and called my mom into the office to ask her how the heck to pronounce your last name. We were both at a loss and  I was so embarrassed that I didn't already know it after being FHE brother and sister for a semester and dating for two weeks! Its funny how almost no one can pronounce it right the first time.

I love you honey, I hope you are having a wonderful sabbath day too.
Love,
Jenny

PS. I just found another one where you sent me pictures of what some of your nephews looked like. I can't beleive how little they were back then!

No comments: