Thursday, May 19, 2011

Lets go fly a kite!

Dear Michael,

Today was such a blustery day!

Yesterday I was cleaning up the house getting ready for Lori and her family to come stay with us for the weekend. Little E was "helping" me clean out the office. She had a blast running around with the birthday card Lori gave you last year. I was finally cleaning out the huge box that has been moved from room to room since our we bought the house and had been filled with all the last minute junk that we didn't know what to do with. I guess it got tossed in there at some point and she loved running around while it played "I, wanna rock and roll all night, and party every day!" The card has a picture of a pig rocking out on the guitar and says "There comes a time in a man's life when he must decide exactly what it is that he wants to do..." on the front and then says "Live loud and have a happy birthday." inside. Lori wrote in it, "Mike as long as you have your priorities in order that's all that matters, Happy birthday!" Each of her kids wrote in it too. I remember you getting it in the mail and laughing so hard at it, then Little E ran around with it and had a great time enjoying the rockin music. But rereading it I know that you really did live loud and knew what truly mattered in life, living it with those you love. Thank you for that! You are a great example to us all and I try to remember that life is to be enjoyed as you did, not just endured like I sometime feel I am.

Another thing we found while cleaning up was the spider-man kite you bought me during our first year of marriage (I think for a christmas gift.) I told Little E that on our first big windy day we would take it out flying, and as I mentioned before today was blustery! So after nap time we got out the kite, put it together, and went across the street to fly it in the football field. Little E had a great time. You would have been so proud of her, she flew it all by herself this time! She really is turning into such a big girl and she had a great time telling spider-man all about her day and walking him home to get ready for bed. So thanks again for the gift honey. You were right, he is the perfect kite for a really windy day and we will get so much joy out of having him. It is a good excuse to make me leave the house when I would normally want to just ride out the windiness in my nice cozy home. Sometimes I need a little push out the door. Thanks for providing such a fun one. :)

Love,
Jenny

No comments: