Thursday, May 19, 2011

Little M's first "word" and Sign. Little E's breakfast.

Dear Michael,
I just wanted to take a minute and tell you about some of the really cute things your kids have been up to.

First, on your birthday Little M did his first sign! I am pretty sure he meant it anyways. He has been doing the hand movements for a while now but it was just a reflex that he would do while nursing. But that night I was signing milk and he looked up at me and did it back. I told him good job and did it again and he started grinning from ear to ear and did it one more time. But then he got into his meal and was done with all that silliness. I think its funny that Little E's first sign was dog but Little M is all about the food! He has been that way from the first minutes of life!

Last night I was getting him ready for bed and he was baby talking. "Bababagaga" you know. The he started doing "dadadada". I had to laugh because my sister Amber has been trying to convince people that "dada" being a first word was just the fact that it was an easier consonant to say. I called her up to let her know she could rub this in her hubby's face. lol I had to think you were probably right there grinning from ear to ear and wishing I could see your victory dance as he said your name as his first word. Love you honey, I wish I could have called you into the room and seen you light up as you heard it.

Little E is a real sweetheart  lately. She has learned to knock on her door in the morning for me to come get her so she won't wake Little M up. Then she sometimes watches a sesame street while I get a little more sleep. (Thank you netflix!) Then she wants cinnamon toast for breakfast every morning. Today she did something really cute while she ate. She was watching the school buses and I told her "Your toast is waiting on the table for you." She came running up to the table and pretended to be the toast talking. She said "Oh its Little E! Our favorite eater!" Isn't that cute! Then she proceeded to introduce herself to the toast with her full name and even told it mine. She would narrate when she was going to drink or if she was just going to break off a piece of the toast. She does this sort of thing all the time now. Its her way of making up little imaginary friends. She really does have a great imagination!

Well, I just wanted to keep you posted on the goings on around here. I hope you are having a wonderful day!

Love,
Jenny

1 comment:

Home of the Muddy Kids said...

She is so funny! I love to hear all the cute, silly things she does. I just can't believe her amazing imagination. I can't believe that Little M is starting to talk! How did that go by so fast?!