Sunday, May 8, 2011

Country Boy

Dear Michael,
I have been on a huge trip since last Monday and am so excited to upload all the pictures and videos to tell you all about it. It was an amazing trip that was made possible by my great parents who traveled with us in our van "The Gentleman" as I have named it. (I still love that it opens doors for me!)
Anyways, I just wanted to record a quick story that made me laugh out loud today in the car. My dad listened to all kinds of old music on this trip and today he was playing some John Denver. I still love John, especially his Christmas CD with the Muppet's. "Thank God I'm a Country Boy" came on and I had such a fun flash back to our first apartment. Do you remember when I was sleeping in one Saturday and you decided it was time I get my lazy self out of bed? All of a sudden I heard that song blaring on the stereo (you had it set to the chorus) and you came running into the room in your cowboy hat yelling "Yeeehaaa!" at the top of your lungs and jumping on the bed doing the knee high cowboy dance and clapping your hands.  I was totally shocked. It was so funny! Although I am pretty sure I was really mad at you for waking me when I was trying to sleep in. I still don't know why that was the way you decided to wake me up that morning but that song will always bring a huge smile to my face. I love you honey. I am so glad you're my country boy.
Love,
Jenny
I have to laugh at this shirt you are wearing. It was one of the shirts I had tried so hard to get rid of because it was falling apart. But you loved it too much and kept wearing it even though it was falling apart. I tried to sew it back up for you with the serger and it just shredded instead. You can't say I didn't try though. :) I also love that you are holding your belt buckle. I wish you could see it in the picture. You loved cool belt buckles and always said they were a guys version of jewelry and one of the few ways you could express your individuality. I am so glad I let you go back and buy that Buddha buckle that you wanted so badly. It made you happy which makes me happy now. I smile every time I see it.


2 comments:

Erin Darrington said...

Hahaha! Oh I love this post! What a model memory of Michael. I love it.

Home of the Muddy Kids said...

That really is a great song. You can thank my mom for that particular musical choice. She played John Denver a lot when we were little. (o: