Thursday, January 20, 2011

4 Month Check Up

Dear Michael,

Today we had your little boys four month check up! We had a little issue in the bath the night before and since I don't know what I am doing and haven't got you here to grill for info about little boys I decided we would just go to the doctor since he needed his shots anyways. The doctor checked him out and said that he is doing great. Little M even gave the cute nurse some very flirtatious smiles before she gave him his shots and put a heartbreaking end to their blossoming romance.

Here are his stats! He is getting so big. I also am including his earlier stats just so I have them for my own record. I can never seem to keep track of the papers they send me home with.

4 Months:                  15.2 lbs 61%,  26 in tall 88%, 16 in head 15%
2 Months 1 week:     13.5 lbs 80%
2 Months:                 11.8 lbs 61%, 24 in tall 90%, 15.3 in head 28%
18 Days:                   9.3 lbs   56%, 22 in tall 86%, 15 in head 66%
4 Days:                     8.1 lbs 52%, 21.3 in tall 89%, 13.8 in head 26%

Just for a reference, Little E was 25 inches, 11.75 lbs when she was 2 months old. It seems like she tends to be a little bigger than him. But I think he will probably win this competition in the end if your amazingly large man genes have anything to say about it. lol

After we went to the appointment we got to go visit Grandma "fishy" and had a surprise visit from Uncle Chris! It was so fun to see both of them. Check out the manly beard Christ was sporting! lol He sure did have Little M smiling when he tickled his face with those big fingers. I think Little M is starting to favor men a lot lately. He gives them great big smiles and it seems like Papa is his favorite person right now. He really likes it when Papa calls him by his nickname "toad".

Little E's favorite things to do when visiting Grandma is to pile every stuffed animal from Grandma's couch onto her lap. Alan decided to help with these efforts and put a dog on Grandma's head. It was a pretty nice touch if you ask me. :) Little E also likes to jump on Grandma's bed (which I constantly try to stop but never seem to manage it for long) and collect rocks from the little plant that Grandma has on her bookshelf. She decided to keep those and the emery boards she found in her boots today. She is so funny sometimes!

Just a little note about the paintings behind them. They are of Grandpa, Grandma, and my Dad as a little boy. My Grandma painted them when she was younger. Wasn't she such an amazing artist? :) My favorite is the one of grandpa. He just looks like such a gentleman in it. He was such an amazingly handsome man. No wonder he snagged a model!

I sure do hope that you are able to watch these little kids grow. They seem to do it in the blink of an eye! I love you so much and wish you could have been there today with me.

Love,
Jenny

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello,

I would love to talk to you about an issue that I feel is a hot topic in environmental news. I have written an article that I think your readers would be interested in seeing on your blog.

Did you know that in the last 100 years, our agricultural habits have left us with about a quarter of the crop diversity we once had?

I looking to promote that idea that by encouraging grocery shoppers to branch out from their usual selections and to join the local food movement, they can help to conserve this forgotten species, and create a more sustainable agricultural system.


Kori Bubnack
k.bubnack@gmail.com

Home of the Muddy Kids said...

It looks like you guys had a really fun visit. I'm so glad that you are close to your family! I wish we were closer as well. I would sure like to snuggle those kids of yours some more!