Monday, January 3, 2011

Rolling over!!

Dear Michael,

What a fun day we have had! It has been full of firsts. We helped your cousin Britteny move into collage for the first time today. :) She is going to be so fun to have around and we are so excited to spend more time with her and get to know her better.

The other big first that happened today was Little M rolling over! I thought, "hmm I should really give him more tummy time" this morning and put him on his stomach right as the phone rang. I ran to get the phone and came back out and he was on his back! I was taken aback and wondered if I had actually put him on his tummy or if I was remembering wrong. I put him on his front again and he flipped right back over onto his back! So I ran and got the camera and tried one more time... 3 minutes passed with him just staring at me like "what? Do you expect me to do that again just because you got the camera?" and then he finally gave me what I wanted! Little E was running around yelling "Good job!" at the top of her lungs and getting right up in his face to congratulate him. It is really so fun to have her around to help celebrate the firsts with me. I wish I knew if you were here too, but I am guessing you were. It only seems fair that if you are aloud to visit us whenever you have the desire (like my blessing said) that you would want to be here for all of this little boys firsts. I am guessing you were jumping up and down like the rest of us.

I looked it up and he is right on par with Little E for this first. She did it around August 24, 2008. I don't think that is the exact date, but it is pretty close. That made her just a few day's older than three months. Little M is now three months and a week and a half old. So just a little behind her. But I really haven't given him any tummy time to speak of in the past couple weeks. Lol. You can't do something if you never have a chance to try. :)

Here is a little video of some of the things he has been up to in the last few weeks. He has rolled over, learned to hold toys, really gotten into splashing in the tub, and learned that being up high is funny! I have even gotten a little braver and let him get the tiniest bit of air now. He laughs so hard when I do it, but I am nowhere near as strong as you were and will have to build up some major muscles to entertain him properly in the future. I can only bounce him a couple of times and then I have to take a break. lol



I love you so much and am so grateful you gave me this sweet little boy to bring me so much joy everyday. He is growing so fast and amazes me constantly. :)

Love,
Jenny

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So cute! Wish we were closer and our boys could hang out!
Maile Box

EarlGirl said...

He is one beeeeee-utiful boy! Thanks for posting it so we can cheer with you!

Home of the Muddy Kids said...

I love Little E's song! They are so, so sweet. She loves him so much, you can just tell. Thanks for sharing these!