Dear Michael,
Last night my nephew fell asleep on the couch and when I woke him up to send him to bed he said "But I'm reading!" It reminded me of how you had told me one of your favorite things in life was being able to read a really good book until you fell asleep. You did it frequently. I would fall asleep after asking you to snuggle up and turn off the lights. You would say "No, I just want to read for a bit." and I would give up. Then when I woke up to the light being on hours later I would find you totally asleep with your big thumb marking your place in the book. I would gently try to take the book and put it on the night stand. Half the time you would wake up and say groggily "but I'm reading that..." before you slipped back into your slumber. It always made me laugh. You told me the reason you liked falling asleep that way was because it helped you to have really cool adventurous dreams. :)
This picture of you always makes me laugh. It was taken with your phone (I think you are the one taking it even) but it is totally the look you always gave me when you didn't want to get up and I was making you. lol I bet you love the fact that you never have to wake up to an alarm clock or me bugging you again. Lucky!
Love,
Jenny

1 comment:
He was always hilarious first thing in the morning. He told me once that when he was getting ready one morning, he suddenly came to and realized for the past 5 minutes he had been staring at his sock. That always makes me laugh just thinking about it. (o:
Post a Comment