Dear Michael,
I had a good day at church today, although I think maybe I should stop talking in Relief Society because I can't open my mouth without crying now... Anyway, I was able to stay the whole time during relief society because I spent Sunday School getting everyone else taken care of. I got Little E through her potty break and then changed Little M and took him to the mother's room to nurse him. I just discovered that there was a second room I could use that is right next to one of the Sunday School classes. You can hear the lesson through a grate in the door. It is so nice because I don't have to miss the lesson even though I am taking care of the baby. :)
Well, I didn't get to hear the whole lesson, but something the teacher said really stuck in my mind today.
"The way we spend our day's is the way we spend our lives." This concept is so amazing to me. It makes me want to spend even the little bits of my day doing things I want my life to consist of. Taking care of my children, making things that I think will benefit them and me, and generally loving life and all those I am spending it with.
It also made me realize what a wonderful life you led. Your day's were spent teaching children the things they needed to know to lead good lives, (not just math and science). You played with Little E and I every day! You took each moment and squeezed out all the enjoyment you could from it. That didn't always mean doing something either. Sometimes it just meant we sat down next to each other and silently enjoyed a moment of nothing. What a comfortable thing nothing can be when shared.
I love you, I just wanted to share my new goal of living each day like the rest of my life. I hope to learn how to make it as full and wonderful as possible! Hopefully I can make each day a little brighter until they are all full of sunshine again.
Love,
Jenny
PS. (1/24/11) I just had this thought that goes along with what I said above: If I can make it through the days, I can make it through the years. :) I don't have to look too far ahead and worry about whether I can make it that long. I just have to make it until bedtime. If I do that, eventually the years will take care of themselves.

1 comment:
That is really, really good advice. I've never thought of it that way. I think we work so hard to reach future goals that we forget how to focus on what's happening now, or even just surviving past now. I'm so glad you posted this. It helped me today.
Post a Comment