Dear Michael,
I went and took pictures of our apartments we lived in at collage. I went the day that everyone was moving in so that our rooms would be empty and I wouldn't be bothering anyone. It made me kind of sad to see all the excited students starting out a new semester. They were so happy and excited and didn't seem to have a care in the world. I miss that... but mostly I just missed you.
I will post most of the pictures another day and tell lots of fun stories. But this one made me laugh today when I really needed it. Its been a hard day. I cried in church because it really hit me again. You really aren't coming back... Its so hard to think those words. But stories like this one help me to just laugh about the good times we had. So I thought I would share it. :)
This is the laundry room in the house I lived in. When I was getting ready to move out at the end of my second semester, we had to do white gloves. That is when you have to scrub and clean every part of the apartment and have it checked off. If you don't do a good enough job you end up losing part of your deposit. Well, it was my first white glove and the whole idea had me really worked up. It was finals week, I was moving, and I had to clean like a crazy person. So my roommates and I stayed up until the wee hours of the morning cleaning. We had a list that we split up and I ended up cleaning the laundry room as one of my many jobs. I scrubbed and cleaned every surface. That included the top of the cabinet in this picture. On top of the cabinet I found two eggs. One unbroken but so old it was mummified and one split open on top of the cabinet and dried out into the grains of wood. It took me ages to get that egg off. I used a knife and scrubbed and scrubbed the whole time cursing whoever had been dumb enough to put an egg up there in the first place.
After we had dated a month or so (we started about a week or two before the end of the semester). I told you this story. You laughed and laughed and said "It was me!! I put them up there as a joke like 2 years ago! Why on earth did you bother with them. They had been there forever." and we spent time just laughing at each other. It is stories like this make me remember that things look different over time. Something that was terrible and frustrating has become a story I treasure. I hope that in the future things that I am dealing with now will change and become better over time. I miss you so much!
Love,
Jenny
2 comments:
HAHA how ironic that michael had left those eggs!
thats hilarious.
Sounds like something he would do. (o:
Post a Comment