Dear Michael,
I went grocery shopping today at Walmart after an appointment (I was trying out some grief counseling. It went ok, but I feel pretty good about not going again unless I feel its needed). When I was walking through the food section I noticed the chocolate milk. I smiled, reached out my hand, and put one in my cart. I wanted to get two. One chocolate, one strawberry. We always got flavored milk as a treat when we went to the store. It was our way of not buying too many sweets or junk foods. If we stuck to the list/budget we got a bottle of milk as a reward. You were the one who started this tradition. Chocolate milk has always been a comfort food for me. I prefer ovaltine (especially when pregnant), but since you started this tradition I have grown to love the bottled kind. I don't know that I will ever be able to walk through that section without thinking about you and smiling. :) I immersed myself in it and tried to enjoy every sip for the both of us.
Cheers,
Jenny


3 comments:
I get chocolate milk as my treat when I go grocery shopping too. Funny.
Cigarettes and Chocolate Milk ;)
When the hubby was a milk man, we once got a whole crate of the strawberry milk because it was nearing expiration. We put them in the freezer and it was like a little chunk of frozen heaven. Oh, the rapture!
Post a Comment