I have really missed cooking for you. I don't really make food much anymore because it just isn't worth making food for just Little E and I. So most nights I end up over at my Mom's for dinner. It is so nice that she is willing to help me out in that way. It has really helped me over these past months. The nights that I do make something for us I usually use the stove top or microwave. It just feels like making something in the oven has been too much effort.
Anyways, today I had your Uncle John and his family over for lunch. They are down here dropping off Brittany for collage. I preheated the oven because they were picking up some frozen pizzas at the store and I wanted the oven to be ready when they got to our house. John walked in and said, "It smells good in here. Do you have something in the oven?" I told him no and went to put the pizza's in. But when I opened up the oven, low and behold there was something in there after all! It was a sweet potato pie my sister had made for Thanksgiving! Somehow we missed it and I haven't used the oven since then... Its just been sitting in there, lurking. I am amazed that it wasn't just totally disgusting. But it just looked like sweet potato pie, almost good enough to eat. Except I am pretty sure it would have killed me if I tried it. lol
![]() |
| Not the actual pie I pulled out of the oven. But it looked similar. |
Anyways, just thought you would get a kick out of that story! I love you and wish you were here for me to pamper you with delicious homemade foods like sweet potato pie.... ;)
Love,
Jenny

2 comments:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA oh man thats hilarious
That is so funny. Usually, the only thing wafting out of our oven when I haven't used it for a while is smoke from whatever I have burnt recently. (o:
Post a Comment