Dear Michael,
Your nephews school had a lock down today. He told me about it on video chat. It reminded me of the time your school did a lock down last year. You told me that they had you turn off all the lights and cover the window with black paper so that no bad guys could see in the classroom. I am pretty sure yours was just a drill, but it took a while for them to finish the drill and your kids started getting restless and bored. So you decided to entertain them and tell ghost stories. I am sure all of the parents appreciated having kids that wouldn't sleep that night. Because no one I know tells ghost stories as well as you. lol Especially when you told the real ones you experienced. Both the one on collage avenue and the one from your mission. I won't post them here, but I will write them down so I can tell them around the camp fire in the future. :)
I remember the first ghost story you told me, we were engaged and had gone up to meet your family in WA. You took me to see the "ghost" on the river. You wove a very detailed story about how there was an island across the river where Indians had sacrificed a girl and that her spirit would walk across the water if I just looked hard enough. The black water was churning eerily in front of us and I clung to you as I looked for the ghost. Then BOOM! The water erupted in front of us in white foamy fury! It scared me to death!! I screamed and grabbed a hold of you and took quite some time to finally calm back down. It turned out that there was a irrigation pipe that outlets into the river there and every half hour it backs up and blows all the bubbles out of it or something. You told me about how you took a married couple there once and the guy had shoved his new bride behind him while he ran screaming up the hill. I think he probably slept on the couch that night. lol
Here is a video of it during the day, and let me tell you it is freaking scary at night! Especially if you are just a couple feet away from the water and not expecting it. lol
Speaking of ghosts, Little E is totally into them right now. Whenever I ask her what she wants me to draw she says "A ghost!" We have a new box house upstairs and she made me draw a ghost for the doorknob and a ghost for a doorbell. I also made her a pair of binoculars out of toilet paper rolls and she made me draw ghosts on it too. She keeps talks about the ghost that lives in our basement every time we go down the stairs. But don't worry, they are all "nice ghosts" and she often cuddles them in her arms and her little hands and offers them cookies. lol I think she got so interested in them because of halloween and also because of an episode of Kipper that has a ghost that wishes it was scary but is just sweet. It has been an interesting thing to watch develop.
Anyways. I just wanted to post that memory because it was just so you. You always took the opportunity to turn something boring into something fun and adventurous. Even just sitting in a dark classroom.
Love,
Jenny

No comments:
Post a Comment